Our Privacy Notice explains how we use your personal data, describes the categories of personal data we process and for what purposes. We are committed to collecting and using such data fairly and in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We take your privacy seriously and you can find out more here about your privacy rights and how we gather, use and share your personal information.
Who we are
Seven Bridges IM Ltd, of 3 Carlton Court, Fifth Avenue, Team Valley Trading Estate, Tyne and Wear, NE11 0AZ acts as controller for the personal information you provide us.
You have the right to object to how we process your personal information. You also have the right to access, correct, sometimes delete and restrict the personal information we use. In addition, you have a right to complain to us and to the data protection regulator. Contact details are shown here:
- Ryan Parker – firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address shown above
- Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us
Your privacy rights are detailed more fully on the following pages.
It is our policy to collect only the minimum information required from you. If you believe we have collected excessive information about you, then you may contact us and ask for this to be removed. You do not have to provide us with any personal information if you do not wish to do so however, we may be unable to provide you with the services, goods or information you want from us.
What is Personal Data?
Personal Data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
In plain terms, any information that can identify you is deemed to be personal data. This can include your name, address, email address, telephone numbers and also less obvious information such as electronic location data and other online identifiers.
How we gather and use personal information
We need to obtain information about you, so that we can provide the Financial Advice you require. This information is normally obtained directly from clients in a face to face meeting, but may also be obtained by the following means:
- Use of the website, either by searching, browsing or profile login
- Submitting to our Newsletter
- Submitting CV’s
- Contacting us for further information
- Providing us with business cards or other contact information
- Use of personal information
We hold such information as Data Controllers in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation, together referred to as the ‘Regulations’. We use this information to analyse your current and future financial needs so that we can ensure that any subsequent advice takes in to account, and is suitable for, your circumstances. We will not share your information with any other party except as indicated in this Privacy Statement or where required to do so by any statutory, Governmental or regulatory body for legitimate purposes.
When you provide us with personal information, we may use it for any of the purposes described in this privacy notice or as stated at the point the personal information is collected, including:
- To confirm your identity
- To sort and analyse user data with regards to the website
- To better understand how people use the features and functions of the website
- To improve user experience of the website
- To develop our business and services
- To conduct risk management reviews
- To enforce compliance within our Terms of Business
- To perform or contractual obligations to you
- To ensure correct delivery of our information and services to you.
Sharing and transferring personal information
Where necessary to the provision of our service, we may share your personal information with third parties. The categories of third party are listed later in this notice.
Until you have been informed of the actual third parties with whom we might share your information, and have not withdrawn your consent to that sharing, we will only share in a way that does not enable the third party to identify you. Sometimes we transfer personal information to other countries outside the UK for these purposes, where suitable protection is in place.
We will confirm the actual third parties with whom we may/will share your information when we have identified the appropriate service and/or product provider for whom we recommend you use.
We may share, transfer or disclose the personal data we collect from you to third parties for the following means:
- The purposes for which the information has been submitted
- The purposes listed above under use of Personal Information
- The administration and maintenance of our website
- Other internal or administrative purposes
- We may also transfer or share personal information with third party service providers who provide us with identity management, website security, website hosting, data analysis and security services.
- When requested by you.
- When required to deliver publications or reference materials requested by you.
Where necessary to the provision of our service, we may share your personal information with third parties. The categories of third party are listed below.
- Website Providers
- Marketing Service Providers
- Pension Providers
- Annuity Providers
- Investment Providers
- Platform Providers
- Protection/Life Insurance Providers
- Fund Providers
- Compliance Advisers
- Legal Advisers
- Third Party Software Providers
- Back Office Systems Providers
- Identity Check Providers
In order for us to be compliant, we may share your personal information to law enforcement, regulatory and other government agencies and to professional bodies and other third parties that we are required to do so by law.
Your Privacy Rights
You have the right to see what personal information we hold about you and you can ask us to correct inaccuracies, delete or restrict personal information or ask for some of your personal information to be provided to someone else. You have the right to object to how we use your personal information. If you need to contact us in relation to any of your rights or wish to make a complaint about how we have used your personal information directly to us or to the Information Commissioner’s Office, you can use the contact details provided in this notice.
- Right to withdraw consent: Where you have given us your consent to use personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Access to your personal information: You can request access to a copy of your personal information. We will not normally charge for providing this information to you.
- Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held about you.
- Erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent, or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it. Note that we might be required by regulations to retain your information even if you want it to be deleted.
- Right to object: You can object to our processing of your personal information.
- Restriction: You can ask us to restrict the personal information we use about you where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to our use of it.
Keeping personal information
We will not keep your personal information for any longer than is reasonably necessary, we take into account the reason it was collected and processed and requirements set out by legal and regulatory obligations.
We keep your personal information securely for as long as we need to for the purposes of providing you with financial advice under the terms of our service contract, or for as long as we are required to by relevant regulations.
What data do we collect?
- Date of Birth
- Proof of Identification
- NI Number
- Email Address
- Telephone number
- Business name
- Job title
- Information about you, i.e. preferences and interests, assets and liabilities
- Existing Product and Provider Information
- Future and current requirements
- Family Information
- IP address
- Operating system
- Web browser type and version
- The activity you engage in on our Website
- The source of your visit to our Website
- The pages you use on our Website
How we gather your personal information
We obtain personal information:
– Directly from you: usually in a face to face meeting, however with the potential for telephone or by other means
– From organisations: such as pension/investment/insurance providers, where you have provided authority for them to share information relating to your existing plans
– From your professional advisers: where you have provided authority for them to share information
– Recordings: we may also obtain some personal information from recording calls or meetings, or by making notes of calls or meetings
We will keep contact information in regards to our mailing list and newsletter until a user unsubscribes or requests that we delete that information. If you choose to unsubscribe from any of our marketing media, we may hold relevant and limited personal information so that we can carry out your request.
We will only provide you with marketing materials prior to your consent.